Lata Mangeshkar’s health is stable under the supervision of competent doctors: spokesperson
Lata Mangeshkar’s spokesperson said on Sunday that the singer’s condition is stable and she is being treated by competent doctors.
Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik creates a sand sculpture wishing legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar a speedy recovery (Photo: PTI)
Amid unconfirmed reports that legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar’s health was deteriorating, a spokesperson for the veteran singer has denied the claims, calling them “fake news”.
“It is disturbing to see fake news circulating. Please note that Lata didi is stable. She continues to be in intensive care under the treatment of competent doctors. Please pray for her speedy return home,” said Anusha Srinivsan Iyer , spokeswoman for Lata Mangeshkar, said in a statement.
The 92-year-old singer tested positive for coronavirus with mild symptoms and was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Breach Candy Hospital in South Mumbai last week.
“She continues to be in intensive care and is undergoing treatment,” the doctor who treated her said on Sunday.
Earlier today, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said the Queen of Melody’s condition was “improving”.
“Lata Mangeshkar’s condition is improving. I spoke to authorities at Breach Candy Hospital who informed me about her condition. I told them that the hospital spokesperson should provide information. updates on the singer’s condition as people are eager to hear about her condition,” Tope said.
Considered one of the greatest singers of Indian cinema, Lata Mangeshkar began her career at the age of 13 in 1942 and has more than 30,000 songs to her credit in several Indian languages.
WATCH | Lata Mangeshkar: The Untold Stories of Bollywood’s “Nightingale”
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.